|Preferred GIAC Certifications||GWAPT, GXPN, GCSA|
|Contact Name||Human Resources|
We’re a Seattle-headquartered network security company with solid funding and big ambitions. NetMotion Victoria is the company’s second headquarters and the fastest growing part of the organization. With over 20 people working from the modern downtown offices (albeit largely remotely for the time being), it is one of the core locations for a company with big ambitions.
What We’re Looking For:
We are looking for Security Test Engineer to join our Victoria team! This person will actively analyze, scan, and use 3rd party tools, as well as create tools and automation to find potential vulnerabilities. Your job will be to find and reduce risks and help developers improve defenses in our software application against malicious attacks. This person will expand and formalize our current efforts to search for ways to attack Windows kernel-mode drivers, network services, and web interfaces with the goal of identifying and documenting weaknesses to enable the development team to remediate them.
You will also be responsible for establishing the appropriate security test tools and implementing them in our testing processes, reviewing test plans and test cases, and reviewing system requirements and design documents.
When permitted, there may be occasional travel to/from Seattle for meetings at our headquarters.
• 5+ years security testing experience with Web applications, Windows and Linux services, and Windows, iOS, Android, and Mac network applications
• Testing experience includes:
o Threat Modeling, White-box testing
o Vulnerability scanning
o Security Scanning
o Penetration testing
o Risk Assessment
o Security Auditing
o Ethical Hacking
• Create test plans that include the methodologies, approach, and techniques for security testing.
• Experience with Black, gray, and white box testing.
• Strong intra/internet network security knowledge
• Monitor 3rd party components and OS updates for relevant security bugs and updates
• Strong Python skills for creating tools or automation.
• Experience writing test cases, documenting processes and procedures, and writing bug reports.
• Good communication skills as you will be working closely with peer testers, SDETs and other developers, PMs and other managers to plan and coordinate work for projects.
Additional consideration given to candidates with one or more of the following:
• Current on one of the following certifications: IACRB, CPT, CEPT, GWAPT, GXPN, or GCSA
• Good knowledge of C/C++ and/or Java
• Kernel debugger experience
• Experience testing windows drivers
• Experience creating exploits is a plus
• Good knowledge of networking, experience with tools like Wireshark
Who We Are:
NetMotion provides security solutions for millions of devices deployed around the world, including 7 of the 10 largest airlines, 85% of US public safety agencies, and a variety of other major organizations ranging from utilities and healthcare to logistics and legal sectors. Customers choose the NetMotion platform for its powerful software-defined perimeter (SDP / ZTNA), experience monitoring and mobile-first enterprise VPN functionality. These solutions stand out for their ability to actively improve the employee experience, validated by a satisfaction rating of 97% and an NPS of 91. NetMotion is headquartered in Seattle, with offices in Victoria, Chicago, London, Tokyo, Sydney and Frankfurt.
If you join our team you will be working with talented colleagues who have a passion for industry leading technology. At NetMotion, we want people to enjoy the work that they do so we provide our team members with the tools and support they need to be successful. In addition, we have a collaborative and unpretentious environment where creativity is valued.
Furthermore, you will be part of the inaugural group of people who will form and define the Victoria office for NetMotion Software Canada Ltd.
Why You’ll Love It Here:
• You’ll get to collaborate with smart, passionate people who also just happen to have a great sense of humor
• You’ll be challenged, solving difficult problems that will make a meaningful difference to our customers across a variety of industries, including public safety, transportation, energy, and healthcare
• You’ll be encouraged to experiment with new technology including dogfooding our own products on the latest operating systems and mobile devices
• You’ll be supported and encouraged in your professional development
• You’ll receive a competitive benefits program, fitness allowance, commuter allowance, a Group RRSP plan, and warm cookies on Wednesdays
• You’ll benefit from our flexible work from home policy as well as our considerate vacation/holiday/sick-day allowances
• You’ll be an important and valued contributor in a small company, joining a world class team in downtown Victoria
If you’re an experienced security tester in the Victoria area, then we’d love to hear from you.