In the recent Microsoft Security Bulletin Advance Notification release, Microsoft has announced to release several security updates in the upcoming security bulletin release cycle (13 Jun 06). These include:
1) Nine Microsoft Security Bulletins affecting Microsoft Windows. The highest Maximum Severity rating for these is Critical.
Prior to the release of the bulletins, Microsoft encourages administrators to review the following articles and take appropriate steps for their environment:
? Microsoft Security Advisory 912945 (Non-Security Update for Internet Explorer)
? Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 912945 (Internet Explorer ActiveX update)
? Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 917425 (Internet Explorer ActiveX compatibility patch for Mshtml.dll)
? Information for Developers about Internet Explorer
Accordingly to Microsoft, users who apply the security update will receive the ActiveX update regardless of whether they have applied the compatibility patch.
2) One Microsoft Security Bulletin affecting Microsoft Exchange. The highest Maximum Severity rating for this is Important.
As the update will include the functionality change (Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 912918 - Users cannot send e-mail messages from a mobile device or from a shared mailbox in Exchange 2000 Server and in Exchange Server 2003), administrators are urged to review the Knowledge Base article prior to release and take steps appropriate for their environment.
3) Two Microsoft Security Bulletins affecting Microsoft Office. The highest Maximum Severity rating for these is Critical.
4) One non-security High-Priority Updates for Windows on Windows Update (WU) and Software Update Services (SUS).
5) Two non-security High-Priority Updates on Microsoft Update (MU) and Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
6) An updated version of the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Jun 10th 2006
|Thread locked Subscribe||
Jun 10th 2006
1 decade ago